Saturday, July 30, 2011

Life Is About Learning


Life is About Learning

Why do we come here?

We come – we live – we die. . .

What is the purpose of it all?  Some people say it is to do well.  Some believe we are to choose between good and evil.  If we choose the good, we will be eternally saved.  If we choose evil, we will be lost, finished and live in torment in the afterlife.  There are those who believe we are here to work out our own Karma.  We have done things in a past life or in this life that we must make restitution for.  That still sounds like judgment to me.  Don’t misunderstand. I don’t condone evil or believe in harming anything.  I do believe that there is so much more meaning to life than what has been stated here.

I believe just like the title of this article – Life is about learning.  Every thing that happens has a higher purpose if we take the time to find it and look beyond to the deeper meaning.  There you will experience truth.  With truth comes peace, joy, contentment . . . Our souls are on a journey seeking answers.  We are all walking our road, our path to enlightenment.

We must embrace all of ourselves and our life lessons – the good with the bad.  Only then will we become whole.  To be perfect we must embrace our wholeness.  Imagine a world without opposites.  I can’t.  What would life be with only the brilliance of the day without the balancing embrace of night’s blanket?  Such is the idea of all good and no bad.  Without opposites, we wouldn’t have balance.

I am better for acknowledging, feeling and living as these opposites encased in one being.  Now I am whole.  When we deny a bad thought, a harshly spoken word or a wrong deed, we lose.  When we blame others or make excuses for certain actions, we lose.  Embrace all of you!  Only then will you know who you truly are.  Embrace your uniqueness.  It doesn’t matter if you are white, red, yellow or black, if you are male or female, if you have done some rotten or great things.  See, know and accept them all.  Fully accept your blood (whatever it is), your gender, your financial status, your abilities, and your dark side. 

Oops!  I said to accept your dark side.  It’s true, we all have one.  We are meant to find that balance within ourselves that causes us the greatest opportunity to live our own life to the fullest, to learn, to grow and to help others on their journey.  When we fight against ourselves, there are many lost opportunities. 

Imagine the difference between riding the wave and paddling against the current.  You will eventually arrive at your destination, but what condition will you be in?  Allow yourself to experience life and look for the meaning behind the events.  You will be amazed at what you find. 

I just came through another situation recently that many would view as a total loss, a failure and a waste of time.  I don’t look at it that way.  I received a blessing that can only come through the great catastrophic events.  Before going through this situation, I hadn’t fully appreciated aspects of myself.  I ignored them, made them less important and admired other people I shouldn’t have.  I learned a wonderful lesson through all that.  I have those things that I searched for and wanted to find in others, all inside myself.  I needed to learn that. . .

Nvdoi

No comments:

Post a Comment